Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Dad, by Ashton and odds and ends.

1. Ashton filled this survey out at preschool:

My dad has BROWN hair.
His eyes are BROWN.
My dad is 20 years old.
My favorite thing to do with my dad is PLAY VIDEO GAMES.
My dad likes to wear JEANS AND SHORTS.
My dad likes to PLAY POOL.
My dad's favorite food is SPICY THINGS.
I love my dad because HE PLAYS VIDEO GAMES.

2. Ashton just asked me, "Mom, what will Emery be able to do in one week. Talk and what else?"

3. Those who have seen our house know that Aukai is far from a clean freak. That said, there is one thing he is very particular about . . . dishes. This has become painfully evident as I don't believe I've loaded the dishwasher to his specifications once since I've been home more. A couple days ago he said, "Heather, I don't think I'm going to let you do dishes anymore." Isaac walked over, put his hand on Aukai's leg and said, "Dad, everybody is good at different things. Mom is really good at this . . . " *Tries to touch his nose with his tongue.*
Thanks for sticking up for me kid. :)

8 comments:

Valerie said...

I love #3. My husband, Christian, is obsessively clean and it has to be cleaned a certain way. When he asks me to clean something, I ask him to leave the kitchen so he doesn't come behind me cleaning spots I miss. Sometimes I'm tempted to make him do it so it will be done "right." At least you have Ashton to stand up for you. You should tell him your former college roommate can also touch her tongue to her nose.

Rosemary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosemary said...

I love those two little (OOPS--I forgot:) those two BIG boys to pieces--I can't wait to see you all again (and that cute little Emery, too, talking or not )!!!

Auntie Ann said...

I am glad to hear that you are good at something Heather. I might just be able to find a few more things than touching your nose with your tongue. Thanks for sharing the great pictures of you sweet daughter. Enjoy!

Cassandra said...

It is amazing how much Aston knows at his young age. Sure love you all.

Cassandra said...

It is amazing how much Aston knows at his young age. Sure love you all.

Trent Dougherty said...

Spicy foods? Ummm...

hez said...

Re Trent: Yeah, there were a few misconceptions in that list - - - either that or I really robbed the cradle. :) The truth that came out is that Aukai loves him and spends a lot of time with him.