Wednesday, November 3, 2010



Introducing:

Miss Emery Rose Riordan
Born: 10/28/10 at 8:15 PM
Weight: 7 lbs 7.7 oz.
Length: 20 inches



Top 10 reasons life is wonderful right now:

10. I love that, despite my anxiety about an induction, the birth was close to perfect. After 3 hours of pitocin and less then 15 minutes of pushing, I heard her first cries. It felt surreal. I still don't think I worked hard enough to really have a baby!

9. I love that I can finally take a deep breath! I am surprised each time a yawn feels like three normal breaths. I can eat a full meal without feeling nauseated, bend over to tie my shoes and sleep on my stomach! I could go on a run, but I don't think my OB would be too happy with me at this point. :)

8. I love her little baby grunts, the softness of her beautiful dark hair, and her wonderful newborn smell.

7. I love the birthmark above her eyebrow, the milia on her chin, her slight widows peak and every other little quirk that makes her Emery.

6. I love waking up at 1:00 AM to cuddle simply because she wants to play instead of sleep. I love that it has taken me 6 days to get this post up because I can’t bear to put her down.

5. I love breastfeeding again.

4. I love the way the boys want to hold, brush, dress, change, and play with Emery, how they don't understand why she doesn't think they are hilarious, and the way we have to continually remind them why she can't have that cheese, applesauce, yogurt or jaw breaker that they want to share.

3. I love that Aukai really does seem to love her as much as I do, that as he put it "It is hard to quantify love," and the way I feel slightly jealous when it is his turn to hold her.

2. After seeing so many sick babies, I love the reminder that most babies are in fact normal and healthy.

1. I love that it is finally starting to sink in that we really get to keep this healthy and perfectly beautiful little lady!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amberly said...

Hooray!!! She is beautiful Heather! I'm so glad she came safe and sound and happy!

annette said...

heather, I'm so happy for your family - she is absolutely beautiful!

Henderson said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful. Makes me miss the newborn stage just a bit. ;)

Shelly said...

Congratulations guys!! She is so beautiful. I've been wondering when she'd get here. Glad to know all went well and everyone is healthy! We miss you guys!

Valerie said...

She is absolutly priceless! She reminds me of you very much. Congratualtions! I don't know how you're doing your residency and taking care of a new baby. Hats of you mama!

Rosemary said...

We are thrilled for you (and for us)! We can't wait to hold her--we love her already!

Holly said...

Oh dear, I'm a wreck! Thank you for posting more about our wonderful little missy. I can't stand being so far away from her!!! It's a good thing I have Lucas around to snuggle wtih or I'd loose it.

Stephanie said...

Heather & Aukai--Congrats! She is Beautiful! So happy for your family!

WendyJ said...

Congrats!! She is gorgeous. Enjoy