Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The best marriage advice I ever recieved

Dave was a perfectionist. The home was no exception. When he complained to his mother that his spouse could not keep the house clean when all she had to worry about was their young children, his mother said this:

"Dave, your wife is far too talented to waste all of her time cleaning up. So if there is a mess, either step over it or clean it up yourself."

Best advice I had as an at-home mother, and now as a working mother with an at-home hubbie. I should have this mounted over my mantle.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

This just made me feel oodles better about my housekeeping! I think I'll drop windows so I can practice the piano more. Wait, I already dropped that for crafting time. Maybe I can drop mopping! :)

Valerie said...

I love that! My husband is a little OCD about cleaning and he gets it from his mom.