Saturday, December 20, 2008

SNOW!!! and other random pics

Last March Aukai and I bought some cross country skis, mostly as a way of preserving my sanity in the long winter months. In retrospect, I think he saw it as an investment in his safety.
Regardless of the intent, the result is fabulous! Instead of wanting to crawl into my closet when a storm comes, I can't wait for the snow; I felt like a school girl when I looked outside to see the 1 1/2 feet that dumped down last night. There is nothing like the serene beauty of the glistening trails that Zion and I hit this morning.

The view from our back door.
The boys borrowed matching Buzz Lightyear costumes for a friend's birthday party. They played the role very seriously.
Isaac has a good dose of my introspective distractibility. Only those who truly know me will have any idea what that means, but it may explain why the boy routine takes an hour and a half to finish his breakfast cereal.

2 comments:

BrianJ said...

After a few years in Rochester, I realized that I should have purchased cross-country skis before moving there. By the time I realized it, it was too late. I'm glad you already have them.

Fry's said...

oh, he looks so much like you. Your boys are amazingly cute!!