Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just a little warning . . .

I just got home from dropping Aukai and the kids off at the airport. Aukai's mom recently REbroke her ankle, so he is flying out to Oregon to help her while our kids enjoy 10 days of uninterrupted spoiling at my parents' house. I haven't spent more than a couple of nights away from my kids since Isaac was born, and it didn't help me hold back the tears when Isaac looked up at me and said "Mommy, I wish it was only for 2 days."

As I stepped back into my child-worn home and admired the latest magic-marker mural, I was left with a sense of emptiness, wondering what I was going to do without my family . . . and then a delightful cliche jumped into my head . . . "Anything I want to!"

So this is just a little warning that if you see crazy parties, outrageous outfits and a mild obsession for luxuries like trimmed cuticles, shaved legs and adequate sleep, don't fear. The mild-mannered mother you all know and love is still inside and will return, with her children, after the break. But until then . . . party on!

1 comment:

Auntie Ann said...

Hez, I sure it will be both tough and fun to be alone for a while. I enjoyed Ashton in the nursery on Sunday and look forward to seeing him for a couple more Sundays!
Love, Mutti