Sunday, January 31, 2010

Word play and CPS

My children love making up words.

Sometimes I don't love it as much as they do. For one, they think I should naturally understand them. For two, it leads to ackward situations.

I took Ashton to the bathroom at the Museum of Play. This was our conversation while waiting for him to pull up his pants.

Ashton: "Can I kiss your nose?"
Me: "Sure. " (He kisses my nose)
Ashton: "Can I kiss your cheek?"
Me: "Yes, Ashton." (Kisses my cheek)
Ashton: "Can I kiss your lips?"
Me: "Umm . . . no."
Ashton: "Can I kiss your head?"
Me: "Yes." (kisses me on forehead)
Ashton: "Can I kiss your kiki?"
Me: "NO ASHTON, we DON'T kiss KIKI'S!" Pause "What is a kiki anyway?"
Ashton: "Your nose."
Me: "OK, Ashton, you can kiss my NOSE."

I'm still waiting for the CPS call.

No comments: