Friday, October 30, 2009

NYC - Part III

The Natural History Museum:
More than anything, I was amazed at the sheer size of this museum, built in a beautiful classically-inspired building. Overall, the museum design was very traditional, which was a little bit of a let-down after the museum at Thanksgiving Point, but it is pretty hard to top a life-size blue whale hanging from the ceiling . . .




Central Park:
My friends kept telling me, "You need to take the kids to Central Park." My first impulse was, "We have parks in Rochester . . . why would I spend the money on a hotel to go to a park here?"
Once we got there I understood why.


People always talk about New Yorkers being cold. We didn't find this to be true. (It's 4:00 AM and I'm lost in NYC. Stop thanking me for choosing your hotel and just tell me where the dang parking garage is.) Adults were quick to start a conversation at the park or train, and the kids were even quicker. Half-way down this slide, I heard this girl yell to Isaac, "By the way, what's your name?"


Isaac and Ashton enjoying a street performance over lunch.




No comments: