Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Some day . . .

A couple of days ago I was feeling down about our neighbors moving. Isaac is at the age where he still struggles to understand that adults can feel sad. He alternated between a tentative laugh and concern as he tried to take cues from my cryptic expressions.
Aukai then explained why I was sad. Isaac furrowed his eyebrow and said "It's OK Mommy, I will always stay with you." He gave me a big hug and added, "Except some day you'll die." I almost died right then and there, of laughter.

2 comments:

Cami said...

How cute! kids say the funniest things. miss you guys!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

yeah, i think the migration to and from whipple park is one of the most difficult things about living there. there's nothing worse than making wonderful friends and seeing them leave a year later, or having your turn at leaving them. it's hard. then it's hard knowing that we still have so many more places we'll be moving after the rest of our time here in NM. *sigh*