Thursday, March 27, 2008

The absolute coolest birthday cake EVER!!!

Isaac's good friend Dane just had his 5th B-day party. This beautiful piece of artwork is his cake, homemade by his mom. Yes, every part of the cake is edible. The cake was made from homemade, Belgian chocolate cake with chocolate truffle in between each thin layer. Delicious! The head and appendages are sculpted out of a candy paste.
Just before Dane blew out the candles, Zion lit some alcohol in the dragon's mouth. I guess she wanted her to have one last fire-breathing hurrah before being slain to feed 20+ hungry children. Kudos to Zion for being on the very cool mom list and happy birthday to Dane.



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Holly said...

As someone who obsesses over cake decoration and design, that is the friggin' coolest cake I have ever seen in my life!!! I am completely blown away! When I open my own bakery someday she can expect a phone call from me! Thanks for sharing!

Dakin said...

These are awesome pics of the dragon! I'm sad that I missed him breathe fire! Luke came home from the party and told me he needed a dragon cake next year when he turns five...I'm hoping he forgets by then or else I have to learn some serious cake decorating skills.

Cami said...

Holy Smokes! That is an awesome cake. What a neat experience.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

that's so funny...my friend here just got a book from her mother in law that shows you how to do very similar things...the book is all about turning cakes into fairy tale themed cakes. maybe she has the same book. very cute!

Heather Jewell said...

So cool! Heather, I expect something just like that from you when Ashton turns two.

Aukai said...

I thought it might be kind to clear up any confusion and rid those who don't know the fabulous Zion of any mother guilt for not matching her cake artistry at their children's parties. Miss Zion is a professional artist and a professional baker. The cake was completely original and the pieces were hand-sculpted, including careful details like rough, scaly skin, natural creases and realistic anatomy. In short, it was an original and unrepeatable masterpiece that took over 10 hours to create and 15minutes to cut up and devour.

Shelly said...

I love the shot of all the kids watching the cake. That cake is amazing!!