Sunday, December 12, 2010

Catching Up.

The past couple weeks have been filled with . . . well . . . a lot.

1. My wonderful twin sister came out with her ADORABLE (and HUGE) 4 month old son! Being the amazing person that she is, she single-handedly took us from utter chaos to organized (or at least as organized as she could get us in 2 days). We enjoyed showing off the botanical gardens and our favorite place to eat, a local Russian restaurant called D'vin. It was very hard to say goodbye!

2. After eight hard months of work, Aukai has finally completed the upstairs . . . or at least enough for us to live in. (Pics to follow) :) The carpet came in the day after Holly got here so she helped us move. The boys are finally out of the family room and in a real room of their own! With a DOOR! It feels a lot like I imagine Emmy feels when we unswaddle her each morning.
3. My parents came out and we had a wonderful visit. The boys enjoyed a full week off school, filled with spoiling. Remarkably, they still seem to be the sweet boys I knew 1 week ago. :) My dad came with a whole list of things he wanted to do, including seeing the arch and about 5 places to eat, most of which Aukai and I hadn't tried before. Yum. :)

4. Emmy was blessed at church.

5. Emmy started smiling (socially) about 2 weeks ago, but has really kicked it up this week. She had her first real tears 3 weeks ago. She is holding her head well, tracking, regarding faces and is very social. We took her to a pediatric neurology party last night, and everyone commented on how she is calm, very alert and developing well. It means something special when peds neuro people say that. :)
6. I went back to work on Wednesday. I think I cried for a full week in anticipation. Fortunately they put me back on clinic, so I don't hit the full swing of things until after Christmas. It helps that I know she is left with the most awesome dad in the whole world.

7. Isaac has been cracking me up lately. He is so articulate that sometimes I forget he is only 6.
a.Last week, Holly asked him if he wanted some mashed potatoes. He looked at her, confused, and said, "What's a potato?" (We don't eat them much). Holly explained that it was a vegetable that grew in the ground like a turnip or carrot. He thought for a second and said lightly, "No thanks, none for me today."
b.Isaac has had a bad cough, one that has caused him to throw up several times in the past couple weeks. After returning from Ted Drews, I heard *cough, cough, cough* *pause* *gag, sputter*.
"Isaac, are you OK?" I asked.
"Yeah, I'm OK. I thought I might throw up, because I felt it come up in my throat. But then I swallowed. And guess what. It didn't taste bad because it was ICE CREAM!"
Silly boy. :)

8.. Holly surprised us by giving us a new lens for our camera! I am still trying to get used to it, but here are a few of my first attempts:

3 comments:

Holly said...

Oh, those pictures of Miss Em make me happy! It's amazing what a good lens and beautiful lighting can do, eh? As I was looking at these photos Ben said, "Oh Mommy, it's mine baby Wucas!" I explained how Isaac and Ashton also have a baby, only that she's a girl named Emery. They thought that was pretty spiffy.

I am finishing up editing a family shoot I need to get out ASAP, and then I will burn you a disc of photos I took while I was out there along with your graduation pictures.

XOXO! (PS - I am craving Ted Drew's Dutchman like nobody's business!)

Heather Jewell said...

She is so beautiful! Glad you guys are doing well.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful little girl! We miss you all!