Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ashton's Gift

As I sat trying to figure out something to do with a rare moment of free time (free time, what is that???), I heard Ashton yelling out, "Isaac . . . . Isaac! . . . Isaac!" I walked in the room and noted Isaac had drifted soundly to sleep listening to one of Ashton's stories. Ashton then turned to me.

"Mom, I have an awesome present for you and Isaac and, well, all the good guys."
"What is that Ashton?"
(whispering) "I have a force field, well actually, I have 9 green force fields, and I am giving them to all the fighting good guys."
"Well that makes me feel very safe."
"AND I have one, and it is the biggest one, and I am the Master of the green force fields."
"I see."
"AND, you know what is hilarious Mom? *chuckles* There are nine cake force fields, and the people that get forced with the force fields, they wear cake hats."
"That is funny Ashton."
"AND Isaac has all the colors of force fields, but I am the Master of the green force fields."
"I see Ashton."
"AND I have a force field for you. Which force field do you want?"
"Well, what colors do you have."
"I have 60 force fields for adult girls."
"What color are they."
"Oh, red, purple, pink."
"I see, do they have a blue one for girls?"
"Yeah. Actually I have a very special one, a dark green one all the way at the end that is for a special adult girl who is named Heather who is a mommy. Are you an adult girl named Heather?"
"I am"
"Then I have a force field for you, so don't forget."
"I won't Ashton."

10 minutes later, I had to cut him off and say goodnight, but what an incredible imagination. I can't wait to see his comic books!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Oh he's cute! A little firecracker right from the start. Will and Ben would have so much fun playing with him (IE PLEASE come home soon)!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

i love their imaginations! too bad we're not neighbors anymore! ravi and ashton would be perfect together! ravi's imagination is just the same!