Monday, July 20, 2009

Twinkled

I was tucking Isaac into bed when he turned to me and said, "Mom, I don't want you to die."

Me: "I don't want to die either, but it is a normal part of life. Besides, I don't think it will happen for a very, very long time."

Isaac: "I hope Jesus comes and twinkles us soon."

M: "Are you talking about the millenium?"

I: "Ya, I hope Jesus comes and twinkles us so you will be alive again and Grandma will be young again."

M: "Where did you learn about that?"

I: "In Primary."

M: "You learn a lot of things in primary, don't you."

I: "Ya, but only good stuff."

M: "Well, Isaac, I don't expect I will die until you are old and have children of your own. But if I do, you need to know that even though you can't see or hear me, there is part of me that will always be with you."

I: "You will be my guardian angel, right Mom."

M: "Right."

I: "Will you be Daddy and Ashton's guardian angel too?"

M: "Yes."

I: "I guess you can be Ashton's guardian angel as well, if you want to be."

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I think that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

Valerie said...

This is so cute! What a priceless conversation.. I'm glad you documented this. Have you seen my blog lately? I'm expecting Twins! (fraternal) in February.