Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tag: Heather's it.

OK Holly, this one is for you:
Rules of the game
1. Rules of the game are posted at the beginning of post.
2. The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves
3. At the end of the post the players then tags 6 other bloggers, and posts their names.

1. I am addicted to fabric. I can spend hours walking up and down the aisles of the fabric store, looking, feeling, stretching, smelling each bolt of fabric, almost oblivious to the screems of my tired and hungry children. Many a project has been planned, pursued and then aborted after realizing that my schedule does not allow room for my addiction. I love listening to my grandparents talk about all the elaborate fabrics they worked with in their doll business. One of my lifetime goals is to make it to the fabric district in LA or NY.

2. I have the coolest feet in the world. One of my med school tutors would not believe me when we looked at a picture of somebody with soft tissue syndactyly and I told him that my toes looked just like that. Of coarse, I had to prove myself by busting out the toes. Basically, the webbing between the 2nd and 3rd toes only partially degenerated. When I was a kid, my twin sister and I used to call them our "twin toes" or "webbed toes." Many a joke have stemmed from the toes . . . and more are welcome. Just PLEASE . . . don't ask if I can swim better.

3. I have migraine headache . . . without the headache. After 5 years of nausea and dizziness a neurologist just diagnosed me with acephalgic migraine. This means I get the classic aura symptoms of dizziness, nausea and photophobia, but no major headache. So the next time I can't walk straight or my words are all jumbled, remember, it isn't alcohol . . . it's migraine.

4. I love dancing. You will notice that I didn't say I knew HOW to dance. When my migraine is in check (see above) I love to throw on the music, pick up the boys and boogy. I want to take swing lessons during my 4th year here to celebrate finishing med school.

5. I have an isolated, movie-dependent ADD. This is the bane of my husbands existence, because he loves movies. But unless it is a true classic, my attention span is about 15 minutes and then I am done.

6. I have a large collection of paint swatch samples. I love color, and have been know to get into heated arguements about the nature of different hues. When choosing a paint, I put up about thiry different swatches that look exactly the same to my husband and pull them off, a couple each day for about two weeks before picking the exact color. The main level of my apartment has pistacio green, "baltic green" and what my husband calls "creamsicle orange" painted all in the same vicinity. I wouldn't have it any other way. When I am having an especially bad day, I pull out the collection and just soak up the color . . . it's like comfort food.

I tag: Cami and Lamo, Rigby (that's you Heather), Nadia, Ari and Mel (36).

1 comment:

Nadia and Jeremy said...

I consider myself tagged, just give me a little bit. I have to come up with some good stuff...=) heather rigby has already been tagged...you should tag sean, though. there are lots of fun things that sean could share.