Wednesday, October 26, 2011

School and friends.

Ashton: Mom, if I didn't go to school, could I still play with my friends?
Me: You mean, if you stopped going to school, would you still be allowed to see your friends there?
Ashton: Ya.
Me: Well, yes. Are you thinking about dropping out?
Ashton: Yes.
Me: Well, you would still be able to see your friends. But if you didn't go to school you wouldn't have met them and there are a lot of other friends you wouldn't ever meet. Besides, do you want to learn how to read?
Ashton: Ya.
Me: Do you want to learn how to do math?
Ashton: Ya, but I already am a good scientist.
Me: Scientist?
Ashton: I mean, artist.
Me: That's true, but even artists go to school. They go to school and practice a lot. That's how you become a true artist.
Ashton: Oh. OK. But I'm a really good artist already.
Me: Yes you are. Now go to sleep.

No comments: